Information about this series …
- The aim of this Homework Diary series for Years 1 to 4 is to co-ordinate and support the homework programme at your school.
- The use of a Homework Diary adds to the importance of the homework that is being set.
- Educational research shows that homework needs to be regular to be most effective.
- Homework reinforces skills and knowledge gained in the classroom and increases a child’s confidence in his / her own ability.
Each diary contains …
- a contract to be signed between child, care-giver and teacher,
- helpful ideas for parents / care-givers,
- a space to record spelling words,
- a space to practise writing spelling words,
- a space to record stories read during the week,
- a prepared Mathematical activity for each week,
- a space to record other homework to be done during the week, plus up-coming events,
- a space for parents & care-givers / classroom teacher to write comments.
Successful learning requires teamwork …