Information about this series …
The series of Homework Diary has been written to co-ordinate and support the homework programme at your school. The use of a Homework Diary adds to the importance of the homework that is being set.
Why use a homework diary?
- Educational research shows that homework needs to be regular to be most effective.
- Homework reinforces skills and knowledge gained in the classroom and increases a child’s confidence in his / her own ability.
Each diary contains …
- a contract to be signed between child, care-giver and teacher,
- helpful ideas for parents / care-givers,
- pages to record homework for 20 weeks,
- a prepared spelling list of 10 words on each page,
- space for your child to record his / her own spelling words,
- a space to practise writing his / her spelling words,
- a space to record stories your child has read during the week,
- a prepared list of basic number facts, providing a regular maintenance programme,
- a prepared English or Mathematical activity for each week,
- a space to record the AWS Teacher Resources homework sheet to be completed each week,
- a space to record other homework to be done during the week, plus forth-coming events,
- a ‘Tasks completed’ check list,
- a space for care-givers to write comments,
- a space for the classroom teacher / Principal to write comments.
For more information about each diary, download a FREE evaluation copy.